Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bunko! (pictures coming soon)

So much for my short lived ambition to blog at least once a week. I totally left everyone hanging during the holiday season, and well into the new year. Now I have to play catch up so I can share some fun events that happened.



Let me take you back in time to December 26th.............



While I was in the states during the Summer, I was lucky enough to find a wonderful women named Sondra to take my English classes for me. I couldn't have left my students in more capable hands, and she developed a friendship with the moms who come to my conversation class. She had been promising to invite them over for some authentic Tex-mex food from her native country (yes, I consider Texas it's own country). We were also invited to partake in a fun game of Bunko.



I have not played Bunko for many years, and had long forgot to rules. This was the first time any of the Japanese mothers had played. It was hilarious. Normally you get excited over a good roll of the dice, but they were clapping and cheering for even the slightest amount of points. And the moment a Bunko was achieved (resulting in 4 dice of the same designated number), you would've thought they won the lottery.





I am currently planning a Bunko party for March, I hope it'll be as much fun as the last one.

*also, I will be adding pictures as soon as Aaron returns home with the SD card.

1 comment:

Dollars to Yen said...

Finally! I thought you changed your blog address and forgot to tell us.